Julio Castillo Theatre
It is located in a privileged area and surrounded by other theaters, restaurants and museums in the limits of Chapultepec forest, Mexico City’s largest park. Opened to the public in 1957, the space was conceived by the architects Pedro Ramírez Vazquez and Ramiro González del Sordo, who portrayed the tenets of modern Mexican architecture mixed with Italian elements (frontal view). It host up to 1000 people and it was designed for the performance of large-format dance, chamber opera, and theatrical productions with an active scenographic movements.
The theater is part of the Centro Cultural del Bosque (CCB) which belongs to the National Institute of Fine Arts (INBA). It is the largest performing arts complex in Mexico, with one of the busiest programs in the Americas, with 8 stages, which also house the National School of Folkloric Dance, the National Dance Company and of the Fine Arts’ Chamber Orchestra, rehearsal rooms, an arts’ library, an open-air Plaza and more; located in an emblematic site in the heart of Mexico City.